Friday, August 6, 2010

Football Season "a-comin' "

In the local paper today, a nice article on the just played Lions All-Star Football game; the outstanding players and outstanding plays; and a good game synopsis. I am looking forward to the high school football season. It is always good. Then, last night I went to the Youth Peewee Football practice where my grandson plays for the Foothill team. These kids are 13 and 14 years of age, and they really work at learning the fundamentals of football to equip them for high school. A good program for a lot of kids, and very well coached.

Personally, I really “get into” college football. Having been part of USC, UCLA, Stanford, and Cal…one way or the other, every weekend I watch some college football. With season tickets to Cal games, I get to see most of the Pac 10 teams in action, and having lived in the football crazed states of Ohio and Texas…it is good to see the Pac 10 teams hold their own nationally. However, very little college football coverage locally, so I decided to give folks an update in my blogs on what is going on in the Pac 10…from my point of view. Stay tuned for my thoughts on your particular Pac 10 team. Suffice it to say in this writing that both Oregon and Oregon State are in the Top 25 pre-season picks nationally. The Trojans of USC, even with the damaging NCAA penalties, are still figured to be a “team to beat”, and Stanford returns a star studded field with a great QB. So, where is Cal? All bets are off on Cal, but the football “guru’s” see them as a spoiler in many games. As last season, which Cal team will show up, is the question.

Should be an interesting and exciting year for College football…and I am ready. More to come.

ronlargent@kw.com www.ronlargent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment